Parental Engagement Network
|Mouse Club Transition Project helps parents get children school ready. Training on Thu 4 May.
Home Learning Project engages parents in support their children in the EYFS. Nursery training Tue 27 Jun;
Parental Engagement Network is a not-for-profit social enterprise helping schools and settings develop their parental & community engagement.
We can help your school or setting to:
- Effectively engage all parents, leading to increased achievement, improved attendance and better support for behaviour
- Narrow the gap by reaching out to disadvantaged families
- Meet Ofsted and EYFS requirements
- Motivate and give staff the skills and confidence to develop creative and sustainable work
- Tap into the skills and resources of your communities
- Listen to parents' views and develop a real partnership with them
- Access a wide range of good practice and information - saving you time and money
How we help
We support schools through
- affordable high quality training open to all schools
- funded projects which enable schools to access free or subsidised training and resources
- sustainable resources which can be embedded into your practice
- regular input, networking, sharing good practice and linking with other local agencies through PEN membership
Engaging Parents Effectively (Sutton Trust & Esmée Fairbairn funded project)
This project, which trains school staff to work more effectively with the parents of disadvantaged 3 – 5 year olds, is one of just six projects nationally to have won three year funding from the new Parental Engagement Fund (through the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation/Sutton Trust). More on feedback from schools...
Now available after successful trials:
“It’s been very successful and had a massive impact on the progress of the children involved. It's just right for targeted children in receipt of Pupil Premium funding. It’s been one of the best interventions we’ve done.”
Some of the resources from the project are available to purchase separately:
New trial course: Moving Up for Primary Schools
Resources for families of year 6 children about moving to high school—now available for primary schools. Includes 6 family activities and 4 tip sheets for parents on building self-esteem, coping with change, leaving primary school and getting organised. Training on Tue 23 May
We also offer additional regular support to PEN members.
PEN member schools receive:
- 3 free network meetings for staff
- 2 free briefings for senior leadership
- 3 free support sessions for staff working with vulnerable families
- 2 free meetings for parental engagement co-ordinators
- discounts on PEN training sessions and courses
- free 30 minute telephone support with specific requests
- free resources, case studies and templates on the password-protected Members Only section of our website
- priority when applying for funded projects or other developments
- free information for parents (e.g. holiday activities)
- free training on particular topics e.g. dental health
News and Information
Over 20 schools have successfully trialled this resource and engaged large percentages of KS2 parents in this exciting and motivating reading project - now available to purchase separately.
The next training date is Thursday 27 April 2017.
Playclub 4 resources available!
“They’re fantastic! There’s very little preparation needed. Pupil Premium funded children who are behind will massively benefit!"
Playclub 4 sets cost £259
Helping parents get ready for school - examples of workshops engaging parents before their children start school.
Interested in resources, tip sheets and traning? Click here for more information