Wednesday, May 9, 2018
9:30am – 12:00pm
This involves training nursery or reception staff (teacher and/or TA) to enable parents to better prepare their children for starting school in September. We recommend training two members of staff if possible.
PEN Members receive 10% off
Book a second place for only £50
Half day training course includes:
- identifying the aims and rationale behind the project
- exploring the resources and looking at examples of different ways they have been successfully delivered
- input on how to facilitate effective workshops for parents
- developing an action plan for implementing the project
It includes exciting, fun parent-friendly resources such as tip sheets on toilet training, talking to your child, starting school, managing behaviour, routines and screen time. It also includes a toy mouse for the child to get ready for school, activities to do with Mouse and sticker charts for bedtimes, toilet training and behaviour.
- Training for 1 member of staff (additional delegate at discounted rate of £50)
- Workshop plans and resources
- 7 tip sheets for parents and sticker charts for toilet training, bedtime, behaviour etc.
- 12 Mouse toys and activities for parents and children to do with them
- Evaluation tools
“One child clung to Mouse in the first few days of settling, she gradually became more confident and eventually, quite quickly, she didn’t need him. It significantly decreased the amount of distress she experienced as she settled in.”
Teacher, Birchfields Primary School
“S’s confidence has increased immensely and his love of books also. He enjoys making up his own stories as he looks at the pictures. He is a lot more chatty and these activities have really helped.”