KS1 Traditional Tales
The resource pack contains:
A downloadable version of each story, that can be printed and folded into an A5 book;
QR code to hear the story being read aloud;
Activities that can be used with families at school or at home:
- Story Sequence Cards –picture cards that can be used in a variety of ways to talk about and develop story ideas
- Talk About:
- Ideas of how parents can initiate a conversation about the story with their child
- ‘Did You Know’ – facts related to the story
- ‘Tell Us A Joke’–jokes related to the story
- Other conversation topic inspired by the story
- Play Out:
- Active games adapted to characters/events in the story (e.g. “Monkey in the middle” for Piggy in the middle).
- Other ideas for things to do outside
- Make It:
- Crafts related to the story (e.g. making and decorating a hat
This project aims to:
- To provide flexible resources that can be tailored for use both in school and by families at home;
- To scaffold a successful partnership in learning activity for school staff;
- To give parents the opportunity to have fun and explore how they can support their children’s learning and development;
- To develop parents’ confidence and understanding of the importance of speaking, listening and sharing stories with their children to support literacy development.
*note – this is a downloadable pack only.