Become a PEN member!
Benefits of membership include:
- 3 free network meetings for Manchester schools or support setting up a network for those further afield.
- priority booking on PEN training sessions and courses
- free parental engagement resources – something new each term!
- priority when applying for funded projects or other developments
- opportunities to pilot new resources.
2019-20 PEN membership: £199
Free resources every term!
This term’s free resource is The Monkey and The Hats, the first in a series of six stories specifically developed for Foundation Stage/KS1. This pack of home learning resources is based on traditional tales chosen to celebrate the important role of storytelling in all our communities. They are flexible resources that can be tailored to be used both in school and by families at home to;
- scaffold a successful partnership in learning activity for school staff;
- give parents the opportunity to have fun and explore how they can support their children’s learning and development;
- develop parents’ confidence and understanding of the importance of speaking, listening and sharing stories with their children to support literacy development.
As with all PEN resources, The Monkeys and the Hats is delivered as a downloadable PDF for your school to save and use again as many times as you wish.
Download the form below and return to [email protected], or ring us on 0161 860 5039.
PEN membership is available to all schools and settings. We are currently developing networks in many other areas or supporting others to do so. If you are interested in finding out whether your area has an existing network, if you would like some support for your current network or you are thinking of starting one up, please contact us.
It's great to hear about new resources and schemes and share good practice!
Teacher, Chorlton Park Primary School
Its really useful to network and find out about other agencies.
PSA, Kingsway Community Trust
Going to PEN meetings always inspires me and motivates me!
PSA, Newall Green Primary School
PEN members' network meetings
These meetings are opportunities for staff with a role around working with parents (including SLT, teachers, parental engagement coordinators, TAs, PSAs and FSWs) to:
- Get updated about news, opportunities, useful resources, contacts and links
- Share what’s working well and issues they face
- Focus on one or two specific current issues
- Get input from local agencies that can support work with parents
The agenda for the network meetings is wide ranging and directed by attendees.
The focus of previous network meetings has included adult education, mental health, volunteer support agencies, support for EAL parents, BME parents, health and activity, engaging dads, safeguarding and community services to name a few.
Meetings are held every term. Network schools take turns to host and share practice.
Some of the content of the courses is particularly related to Manchester but much of it would also be useful and relevant to schools outside the Manchester area.
We are able to support members in setting up and running network meetings in other areas.