Become a PEN member!
Benefits of membership include:
- 3 free network meetings for Manchester schools or support setting up a network for those further afield.
- priority booking on PEN training
- £10 off PEN training
- free parental engagement resources – something new each term!
- priority when applying for funded projects or other developments
- opportunities to pilot new resources.
2019-20 PEN membership: £199
PEN membership is available to all schools and settings. We are currently developing networks or supporting others to do so. If you are interested in finding out whether your area has an existing network, if you would like some support for your current network or you are thinking of starting one up, please contact us.
It's great to hear about new resources and schemes and share good practice!
Teacher, Chorlton Park Primary School
Its really useful to network and find out about other agencies.
PSA, Kingsway Community Trust
Going to PEN meetings always inspires me and motivates me!
PSA, Newall Green Primary School
Meetings for staff including SLT, teachers, parental engagement coordinators, TAs, PSAs and FSWs to:
- Get updated about news, opportunities, useful resources, contacts and links
- Share what’s working well and the issues they face
- Focus on one or two specific current issues
- Hear about parental engagement work from the host school
- Hear from local agencies that can support work with parents
The agenda for the network meetings is wide ranging and directed by attendees.
The focus of previous network meetings has included adult education, mental health, volunteer support agencies, support for EAL parents, BME parents, health and activity, safeguarding and community services to name a few.
Meetings are held every term. Network schools take turns to host and share practice.
Some of the content of the courses is particularly related to Manchester but much of it would also be useful and relevant to schools outside the Manchester area.
We are able to support members in setting up and running network meetings in other areas.